We have reviewed the best cat litter for declawed cats. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
A survey showed that 78% of vets continue to perform declawing, and it is indeed a popular procedure even today.
Do you have a declawed cat at home that you love to the core? You must be aware of the medical difficulties it may be facing.
Though your purring friend is adorable, its litter may put you off. If your cute companion is finding it difficult to go outdoors to maintain its personal hygiene, you have quite a task cleaning up behind it. Your best bet is to either train it or get a nice kitty litter.
Though all cat litters appear the same and do a similar job, you need to do a little more research if your pet cat is declawed. Here you will find some useful information and product reviews of the best cat litter for declawed cats.
Our Top Choice sWheat Scoop Cat Litter
The sWheat Scoop Multi-Cat Litter is our top choice for best cat litter for declawed cats due to the following given features:
- Since it is wheat-based, the cat litter does not contain any harmful ingredients and is eco-friendly.
- It is super soft on their declawed paws and lets them do their litter comfortably
- Since the litter has wheat enzymes infused with noble ions, it can easily neutralize foul odor.
- The litter box clumps quickly, and the clumps formed are compact for easy scooping.
- The litter can easily be flushed down the toilet
Best Cat Litter For Declawed Cats
#1 Purina Yesterday’s News Unscented Paper Cat Litter
Yesterday’s news unscented paper cat litter is made out of recycled paper and is completely environment friendly. It feels very soft on the paws of declawed cats.
The litter minimizes tracking, which keeps the litter box and your floor neat and clean. It does not contain any fine particles, which is why there is very low tracking.
The soft paper litter creates a dust-free environment that is healthy and safe for the cat as well as the owner. This cat litter does not contain any harmful formulas or chemicals, making it safe for kittens and adult cats as well.
- Paper cat litter is gentle on the sensitive paws, which makes it easy for the cats to dig into the litter.
- The cat litter has no added fragrance. Many cats are sensitive to smell
- The paper litter is three times more absorbent than traditional clay litter.
- The litter also has effective odor control.
- The litter comes in pellet form. The pellets might be too big to fall through a scooper’s slots, when you are trying to return the litter back onto the tray, after clearing out the poop.
- The packaging is a bit flimsy as per some users. You might want to get a separate storage bin
#2 sWheat Scoop Cat Litter
This cat litter is different from traditional cat litters as it uses wheat for littering. Wheat is a natural organic substance that has high amounts of enzymes and starch, which enhances clumping and removes the smelly cat odors.
The litter is suitable for all different life stages of a cat. It is also very suitable for declawed cats as wheat granules are soft and easy to dig into rather than clay, and declawed cats have very sensitive paws.
The wheat litter is a naturally grown substance that makes it safe for the cat, the owner, and the environment.
- The wheat litter does not contain any dyes or perfumes to add unnatural odor.
- It does not contain any harmful formulas or chemicals.
- The litter is flushable, which makes the cleaning job for the owner very easy.
- The wheat litter is 100% biodegradable, which has a lot of environmental benefits.
- The litter has 2x stronger clumping and odor elimination. Stronger clumping makes it easy to scoop the feces.
- Some cats can be allergic to wheat.
#3 öKocat Super Soft Cat Litter
The öKocat super soft cat litter is specially designed for the delicate and sensitive paws of declawed cats. The super soft design of the litter makes it easy to clump solid. Solid clumping litter is easier to clean.
The soft cat litter has a texture similar to that of clay, which makes the transitioning process of the cat from clay litter to this litter very easy.
It stops and traps odor even before it starts as the litter has natural wood fiber, which absorbs liquid on contact to stop the creation of ammonia and odor.
The cat litter provides the cats with a natural environment to discard their waste as the litter feels like natural soil and dirt.
- The cat litter is 99% dust-free which keeps the home and the litter surrounding clean.
- The pellets form solid clumps that are easy to scoop out of the litter box.
- It does not contain any artificial fragrance.
- There are no added chemicals or toxic dyes that can be harmful to cats.
- The cat litter is also flushable, which makes disposing off the feces very easy.
- Several users complained that the price of this litter has been increased significantly over the last few years, it is no longer a value for money product
#4 Freshnews Paper Cat Litter
The Freshnews paper litter is ideal for declawed cats as they are not accustomed to handling the litter without their claws. This paper litter is gentle and soft on the claws and the paws of the cat.
The paper litter is made out of 100% recycled paper, which is helpful to the environment as it does not cause any pollution.
The cat litter has baking soda in it, which is added to neutralize cat odor. The baking soda traps the odor effectively and keeps it inside the litter box. The cat litter also has low tracking, which keeps the litter and the waste inside the box.
- The paper cat litter is hypoallergenic and dust-free, which keeps the house and the litter box clean and hygienic.
- The pellets of the litter are soft and natural which regain their shape after use.
- The litter comes in resealable bags that maintain the freshness of the litter.
- The absorbing strength of the paper litter is three times more than the clay litter.
- The pellet size can be too big to scoop out as per some users
- Cats take a bit of time to get used to paper litter, especially if they are moving from a clay-based litter.
#5 World’s Best Cat Litter
The World’s best cat litter has great clumping, which is highly recommended for cats with sensitive paws, declawed cats, and kittens. Clumping litter is generally soft and delicate on the paws, and the cats find it very easy to bury their feces with this cat litter.
The cat litter also has strong odor elimination, which traps the smelly odor and keeps the environment of the litter box clean.
The cats find it very easy to get used to this natural cat litter in place of the traditional clay litter. This litter is 99% dust-free; it allows the cat as well as the owner to breathe freely when around the litter.
- Due to great clumping, it is very easy to scoop out the waste from the litter box.
- The pet litter keeps the environment, pet, and the owner safe as it is made out of 199% natural substances.
- It doesn’t have any chemicals which can be detrimental to the health of the pet or the owner.
- The pellets for the litter are made out of corn, which is very lightweight, long-lasting, and highly absorbing.
- The cat litter is suitable for flushing, making it easy to dispose off the waste.
- A few users found that this litter has bugs and mites in it
- Despite the claim of being 99% dust-free, a few users complained about dust on their clothes and living rooms on using this product.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Cat Litter For Declawed Cats
We understand how much you love your cat. Your declawed cat could be experiencing pain in the paws, in the back, and discomfort while walking and sitting. The following features of a cat litter will make life easier for your declawed friend.
Recycled Paper-Based Litters
Your cat may be suffering silently with pain in the paws. You can reduce its discomfort by providing your purring friend with a soft cat litter, which is made from 100% recycled paper. These ultra-soft litter pellets have higher absorbing potential than traditional clay litter pellets. Moreover, you will be contributing to the environment since they are eco-friendly products.
Wheat-based Litter for Declawed Cats
If you are empathetic towards your cat’s declawed paw, you may want to consider wheat-based litter. It is soft on its paws, and the urine and feces are easily clumped solid. It is best for cats that have recently returned from declawing. The 100% natural wheat-based litters can also be conveniently flushed down the toilet.
Natural wood-based Litter for Declawed Cats
The tender paws of your adorable kitty need a soft textured litter box to help heal faster. The natural wood-based design of these types of litter is helpful for the cat as well as the owner. The unique design lets you pour the litter effortlessly without creating any mess. The flushable and biodegradable composition will not clog your toilet when you flush it down.
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Cat Litter for Declawed Cats
Q1. Should there be a different kind of litter box for declawed cats?
Ans: Yes, declawed cats are suffering quietly with discomfort and pain. Healing after amputation of all the toe bones needs plenty of time and soft cat litters. They find it difficult to walk on hard surfaces. Thus, it is advisable to buy a soft litter box for your declawed cats without delay.
Q2. How can I maintain litter hygiene after my cat is declawed?
Ans. It would be a good idea to use a clumping litter box until your pet cat recovers from declawing. A clumping litter box is designed to effortlessly remove the cat’s urine and feces without hurting the cat’s paw. Usually, a wheat-based litter box is perfect for declawed cats.
Q3. Which is better scoopable or clumping litter box for a declawed cat?
Ans. Both are equally good. It depends upon your preference. If you are going for a scoopable litter box, then ensure that it is super-absorbent. Clumping litter box traps odor and does not need frequent changing.
Once your lovable cat pet gets declawed, it may experience pain, stress, and even trauma. You should try to make its life as easy as possible. It is advisable to buy a high-quality soft litter for your furry friend. Also, if you have a cat that has healed from the declawed process, possessing a litter that does not stick to the paws always helps.
In this article, we have selected the best cat litter for declawed cats based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the sWheat Scoop Multi-Cat Litter is the best choice among the various options that we have considered, as it is dust-free and non-allergenic to pets and super soft on their declawed paws.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Fresh News Recycled Paper, Original Pellet Multi-Cat Litter, 25 Pound, that can easily adjust in your pocket.